Re: Error in "make install"

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Error in "make install"
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 01:16:19 -0700
On Thu, Apr 19, 2001 at 12:10:25PM +0200, St?phane Barbaroux wrote:
> Hi,
>
> "make" and " make -C ipvsadm  " pass but when I do "make install" a
> have:
>
> insmod ip_vs.o
> ip_vs.o: unresolved symbol nf_unregister_hook
> ip_vs.o: unresolved symbol nf_unregister_sockopt
> ip_vs.o: unresolved symbol nf_register_hook
> ip_vs.o: unresolved symbol nf_register_sockopt
> make: *** [install] Error 1
>

> I have modutils-2.4.5 the last version
>
> The support Netfilter is enable in my configuration kernel
>
> And I have the kernel 2.4.2 and I install the version ipvs-0.2.9
>
> Thank for your helping

You can find information on how to resolve this problem at
http://lists.samba.org/listproc/netfilter/1999-November/002871.html

Basically your kernel symbols are out of date and you need to
rebuild the kernel back from "make mrproper". You may wasnt
to back up your kernel config before you do this.

Once this is done go back into the ipvs directory and run

make clean all install

Wensong: My understanding is that as kernel/ksyms.c is patched
we need to do a make mrproper to make sure the ksyms are up
to date when the kernel is built. Is this correct? If so
it wouldn't hurt to include this information in the README.

--
Horms
 horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx