Re: ipvs-0.2.10 available

To: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: ipvs-0.2.10 available
Cc: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Wensong Zhang <wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 02:15:33 +0800 (CST)
Hello Julian,

On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, Julian Anastasov wrote:

> On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, Wensong Zhang wrote:
>
> >     * Fixed the missing __ip_vs_dst_reset bug in the
> >     ip_vs_unbind_dest.  Before the destination server is released in
> >     the ip_vs_unbind_dest, the __refcnt of dst_cache need to be
> >     decreased.
>
>       The above mentioned code has race with __ip_vs_del_dest.

Yeah, there is race between ip_vs_unbind_dest and __ip_vs_del_dest. I
didn't think about it carefully when I felt there was somethings wrong in
ip_vs_unbind_dest last time. :)

>       I vote this code to be replaced with atomic_dec(&dest->refcnt).
> The destinations must be released only from user space. This is an
> old(2.2?)/unused/buggy stuff.

IPVS for kernel 2.2 probably need a fix too.

I also see any other problem in ipvs for kernel 2.4. Since ipvs for kernel
2.4 can be built as module, the ipvs module can be removed while the
destination trash isn't empty, which will cause a little bit memory
leakage. We need add ip_vs_trash_cleanup to cleanup all the destinations
in the trash, let ip_vs_control_cleanup call ip_vs_trash_cleanup, before
the ipvs module is removed.

It seems that we will release another version soon, but now I need have a
sleep. :)

Regards,

Wensong