File descriptor leak with RH6.1

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: File descriptor leak with RH6.1
From: simon <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 23:09:22 +0100 (BST)
Hi,

  I have a lvs server in the middle of my network
that has suddenly starting having major problems with
FD leaks. It's been working fine for months on end
and now it won't run for more than 4 hours without
falling over.

 I don't know what's causing the FD leaks but I've
upgraded to SysVinit-2.78-5 which hasn't fixed the
problem. I've tried to install kernel 2.2.19 with
the appropriate lvs patch, but neither piranha-0.4.14-1
or piranha-0.2.1-1 packages will work with the new
kernel.

 If anybody has any ideas I'd much appreicate it, cos
I'm getting a little fed up with rebooting the dam
thing and I don't want to take it down for the amount
of time required to do a complete upgrade.

 I'm not sure whether the fd leak is anything to do
with the lvs stuff, but I've 3 other identical machines
installed off of the same cdrom that are working
perfectly. (well so far...)

Thanks, Simon.