problem with lvs

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: problem with lvs
From: "Basirudin Rachman" <behinddascene@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 17:23:53 +0700
hi all,
i'm newbie in linux and tried to install virtual server in the box.
but theres problem when i call ipvsadm command, the error message is like :

"Could not open the /proc/net/ip_vs file
Are you sure that IP Virtual Server is built in the kernel or as module?"

i think i was wrong doing installation and compiling kernel, and then i recompile again the kernel, but the result is still the same

Does anybody know what's wrong with my installation , and i hope  give me some suggestion :)

Thx

Basirudin Rachman