Re: LVS, Suse and SPARC

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, jbert@xxxxxxxxxxx, jerome.thebert@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: LVS, Suse and SPARC
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 16:26:40 -0400
Jerome hebert wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have several low spec Sparc ( mainly SS5 and SS10 ).
> Suse Sparc 7.1 has been installed on them.
>
> Does anybody used LVS on this kind of setup ?

Well not yet, but we'd be delighted to hear of your experience
with them. LVS works fine on Linux (DEC) Alpha (or it did
about a year ago, we haven't heard any more from these people).

The LVS code is _supposed_ to be platform independant, but it
would be nice if someone could check it :-)

I understand that the Sparc port of Linux isn't in great shape
(at least according to scuttlebutt I heard on slashdot recently)
and one of the distributions has dropped it. Any problems you
have may be due to the Sparc Linux kernel. I would suggest
you try with an Intel director first and then try the
Sparc with a 2.2.x kernel (since there may be problems
lurking in the newer 2.4 kernels)