LVS/NAT and ip_conntrack on SMP box (Re: ipvs-0.8.0 available)

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: LVS/NAT and ip_conntrack on SMP box (Re: ipvs-0.8.0 available)
Cc: <raf@xxxxxxxx>
From: Wensong Zhang <wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2001 11:34:19 +0800 (CST)
Hi,

I tried to reproduce the kernel panic on SMP box yesterday evening, which
I met once around April 12th when LVS/NAT is configured and ip_conntrack
modules is installed. However, the system has been alive for over 14
hours, it is under still testing. I used the kernel 2.4.4 and ipvs 0.8.0.

It seems to me that the race condition of ip_conntrack before 2.4.4 caused
the last crash problem, and it was fixed in the 2.4.4.

So, I think that you can be back to the SMP kernel (2.4.4 or later) + ipvs
0.8.0 on your SMP box. Anyway, it is worth giving it a try.

Cheers,

Wensong