Firewall marks and Scheduling Algorithms

To: "lvs-users" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Firewall marks and Scheduling Algorithms
From: "Chris Egolf" <cegolf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 14:12:07 -0400
Hi,

I've setup two different ipvsadm services based on two different firewall
marks.  They are both using the same real servers and they are both using
wlc scheduling.  It seems that each of these services acts independently in
terms of the scheduling algorithms.  I'm wondering if this is true, and if
there's a way to have the scheduling algorithm apply to all the services.

For instance, let's say the first client request is handled by FWMARK#1 and
sent to real server A which now has one connection.  The next client request
is handled by FWMARK #2, so that service's scheduler looks at the number of
connections for only THAT service, and doesn't include the total number of
connections there may be in other services.

At least this is what I've observed in testing.  Does anyone have any
suggestions on how to wrap all the services under one scheduler?

Thanks,

Chris