Intermitent access to real-servers

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Intermitent access to real-servers
From: James Ogley <james.ogley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 07 Jun 2001 14:27:49 +0100
Hi,

We have an experimental LVS setup here...

Our director has multiple VIPs, 172.21.193.11 and 172.21.193.62 (running
on eth0:11 and eth0:62 respectively), it's real IP (eth0) is
172.21.193.101

We have two real servers, 172.21.193.103 and 172.21.193.104, each of
which has multiple virtual ethernet devices to correspond to the VIPs on
the director - 10.0.1.11/62 and 10.0.2.11/62 (eth0:11, eth0:62)

The .11 VIP is used for name based VirtualHosts in Apache, and .62 is an
IP based VirtualHost, which is also used for SSL

Our ipvsadm output is:

director1:~ # ipvsadm
Prot LocalAddress:Port Scheduler Flags
  -> RemoteAddress:Port             Forward Weight ActiveConn InActConn
TCP  director11:http wrr
  -> cluster2default:http           Masq    1      0          0
  -> cluster1default:http           Masq    4      0          0
TCP  director62:http wrr
  -> cluster262:http                Masq    1      0          0
  -> cluster162:http                Masq    4      0          0
TCP  director62:https wrr persistent 360
  -> cluster262:https               Masq    1      0          0
  -> cluster162:https               Masq    4      0          0

The problem we have is that we (apparently) randomly are unable to
connect to the services, sometimes entire services, sometimes specific
real-servers within a service, the most common problem is connecting to
172.21.193.62 when it is masq'd to 10.0.2.62

Legend for ipvsadm output:
director11 172.21.193.11
director62 172.21.193.62
cluster1default 10.0.1.11
cluster2default 10.0.2.11
cluster162 10.0.1.62
cluster262 10.0.2.62

Can anyone help?

James
--
James Ogley, Unix System Administrator, Pinnacle.Net
james.ogley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx +44 20 8731 3619

Listening to the sound of the coming rain...

CONFIDENTIALITY. This e-mail and any attachments are
confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the
named recipient, please notify the sender immediately and
do not disclose the contents to another person, use it for any
purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium. Any
views expressed in this message are those of the individual
sender, except where the sender specifically states them to
be the views of Pinnacle Insurance Plc.

If you have received this e-mail in error please immediately
notify our Helpdesk on +44 (0) 20 8207 9555.

swept by MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses.

www.mimesweeper.com