virtual ip disapears

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: virtual ip disapears
From: nate fuhriman <nfuhriman@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 15:13:56 -0600
I am running a 2.4.4 kernel on two servers w/ version 9.0 of the lvs software. Each server is a web server and fault tolerant load balancer. I am using DR. The system seems to function fine except for the following

1. Windows clients seem to have a hard time finding the virtual ip and only after several restart of pulse do they see it. 2. I have one linux box that seems to work flawlessly with the load balancer. However while I can see the virtual ip with it and load pages; another linux box which had just seen the virtual ip a few minutes before will stop seeing it. I then have to restart pulse in order for the second linux box to see it again even though it never went away for the first linux box.

Any suggestions or pointers would be appreciated.

Nate