Re: ldirectord feature request

To: Linux Virtual Server <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: ldirectord feature request
From: "Matthew S. Crocker" <matthew@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 18:07:18 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 25 Jun 2001, Paul Baker wrote:

> I'm putting in a feature request for ldirectord, not sure if this is
> necessarily the best place to submit this, but I thought it couldn't hurt.
>
> Right now, when a ldirectord takes a real-server out of the LVS either
> because it couldn't connect to the port or because the the request page
> did not match the required pattern, ldirectord completely removes them
> out of the lvs by I would assume `ipvsadm -d`
>
> My request is that instead it would set the weight to 0 instead of
> completely removing them. This way live connections will not be cut when
> a server is taken out.

That will only work if your are using WLC.  I don't use WLC I use normal
LC because all my machines (like man) are created equal.

-Matt
Matthew S. Crocker
Vice President / Internet Division         Email: matthew@xxxxxxxxxxx
Crocker Communications                     Phone: (413) 587-3350
PO BOX 710                                 Fax:   (413) 587-3352
Greenfield, MA 01302-0710                  http://www.crocker.com