Re: ipvsadm interaction with iptables

To: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: ipvsadm interaction with iptables
Cc: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "James O'Kane" <jo2y@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 04:36:35 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 17 Jul 2001, Julian Anastasov wrote:
>       What is this rule?

The state of FORWARD just before I got things working had just this rule:
-A FORWARD -m state --state RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT

I added

-A FORWARD -s 0/0 -d 0/0 -j ACCEPT

And it worked. Looking back at my notes, I had

-A FORWARD -i eth1 -j ACCEPT

written down, but it wasn't in the running rules. The default policy I
had set through all of this was DROP. It currently works with the two I
indended to have:

-A FORWARD -m state --state RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
-A FORWARD -i eth1 -j ACCEPT

I'm still learning how iptables works, so I'm not confident yet that what
I'm doing is the most secure way to do things. After I play with things
more, then I'm going to seek out someone who can look over my rules.

> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-virtual-server&m=98296653726641&w=2

Thanks for this pointer. I don't understand any of it this early in the
morning, but I'll look at it some more later.

-james