Re: persistence

To: Bowie Bailey <Bowie_Bailey@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: persistence
From: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 11:29:12 +0300 (EEST)
        Hello,

On Fri, 27 Jul 2001, Bowie Bailey wrote:

> If I start a service with:
>       ipvsadm -A -f 1 -s wlc -p 180
> and then change the persistence flag with:
>       ipvsadm -E -f 1 -s wlc -p 180 -M 255.255.255.0
> how does that affect the connections that have already been made?

        The connections are already established. But the persistence
is broken and after changing the netmask you can expect the next
connections to be established to other real servers (not to the same
as before the change).

> If IP address 1.2.3.4 was connected to RIP1 before I changed the persistence
> and then 1.2.3.5 tries to connect afterwards, would he be sent to RIP1, or
> would it be considered a new connection and possibly be sent to either
> server since the mask was 255.255.255.255 when the first connection
> happened?

        New real server will be selected. Don't play games. Select netmask
only once. The current conn persistence implementation does not tolerate
such games.

> Bowie

Regards

--