RE: already patched kernel rpms ?

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: already patched kernel rpms ?
From: Thornton Prime <thornton@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 16:08:47 -0700 (PDT)
On Tue, 7 Aug 2001, Billy Gunn wrote:

> Redhat has kernel RPM's up to 2.4.3 and I believe they have LVS support. My
> Redhat 7.1 with kernel 2.4.2 did.  However, you are not getting the latest
> LVS updates using the Redhat RPM's.  If you are unsure if support was added
> search your kernel src for ip_vs*

RedHat also includes LVS in the 'rawhide' kernels which are built daily
and tend to have LVS (and other patches) which are far more recent.

These are far less reliable than the tried and tested RedHat release
kernels, but the RPM source does have a wealth of good patches, and I
usually use it as a starting place for my kernel builds.

--
 Thornton Prime                                    Senior System Administrator
 Jalan Network Services, Inc    Architecture and Implementation for e-Business