Re: newbie, which need an urgent answer

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: newbie, which need an urgent answer
From: "Lorn Kay" <lorn_kay@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2001 00:36:41 +0000
Other list members may have a comment for you about DRDB or GFS, or a shared SCSI disk. I wonder though if you couldn't use RSYNC to do a reasonable job of syncing the two NAS servers (much like a NAS vendor's snap shot software) and perhaps heartbeat between them so that only one of them is active at a time (only one of them owns the NFS server resource) if your data isn't changing too rapidly.

--K

        First, to thanks the quick answer.

        I also have think in an extra linux box as NAS server, but i've a
problem
with that.
        I will have users, with their homes in that cluster, so, if the NAS
fails, all cluster 'fail', and i want to avoid that.

        Filipe Carvalho