DNS LVS no longer working after director reboot

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: DNS LVS no longer working after director reboot
From: "Bruce Pennypacker" <bruce+lvs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 19:55:17 -0400
We set up a cluster containing a director and 3 realservers to handle DNS
using lvs-dr.  (This was set up by somebody else, not me)  All was working
great for the last few weeks.  We just needed to physically move the
director so we shut it down, moved it, and rebooted it.  Now, ever since
then, it's been unable to handle any DNS requests.  We get timeout errors
every time we try to submit queries to it.  I've gone so far as to reboot
the director and the 3 realservers then manually running the rc.lvs_dr
script on each (director first, of course) but no matter what I try I can't
get the director to handle DNS requests any more.  I tried re-running the
configure perl script on the lvs_dr.conf file we have and then running that
rc.lvs_dr script but that hasn't helped either.   ipvsadm on the director
seems to show things are working properly, at least it's showing all the
appropriate entries but no connections...

Any suggestions on how to go about tracking downt this problem would be
greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

-Bruce