Re: Newbie question - LVS and mail server

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Newbie question - LVS and mail server
From: Joseph Mack <mack@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 08:11:26 -0400 (EDT)
On Sat, 25 Aug 2001, Almond Wong wrote:

> Hello, list.
>
> I try to install my first LVS, the  real server should be a mail server,
> support pop and smtp. Since pop and smtp require DNS, and my domain's DNS
> is on  my ISP.  Is this setup possible ?

The realservers can access services on the internet by NAT through the
director. You don't have to have the LVS running in NAT to do this, you
can have VS-DR if you like. See the HOWTO about NAT'ing out services in a
VS-DR LVS.

> I try to install NAT, since if looks more easy. Anybody can give me
> example/hints on more than 2 lan card ?

what's the problem with more than 2 lan card?

Joseph Mack mack@xxxxxxxxxxx