Re: config script

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, lco@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: config script
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 12:35:29 -0400
lco wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This is my first time setting up an lvs-nat with 2 networks and 2 nic
> adapters.When I run the configure script. I'm getting an error that says
> "parse_hostename: error: gethoustbyname failure - Couldn't lookup houstname :
> Resource temporarily unavailable."
>
> I've set up the proper host names available to the system in my /ets/hosts
> file. When I do a "ping host_name", the system finds the name and pings the
> right ips. So, why would this error occur? Any help would be appreciated. TIA

I have no idea I'm sorry. I wrote this code so I should know
the solution, but you've done the usual tests.

which version of configure are you using? If it's 0.9 which
I just released this week, then let's wait till someone else
tries the new configure script to see if there is something
in my setup that is required that I haven't explicitely stated.

In the meantime, use IPs instead of names in your config script.
Hope that works.

BTW you don't have carriage returns at the end of your lines -
each paragraph is one line and it goes off the RHS of my page.