Re: Not sure whether this is the right group but

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Not sure whether this is the right group but
From: Juri Haberland <list-linux.lvs.users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 13:21:52 +0000 (UTC)
rolyaT yuG <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Neither heartbeat nor ldirectord recognises when my servers are back up.
>
> Heartbeat, never relinquishes the IP address autmoatically, and ldirectord
> doesnt see that my web servers are back up, and stop directing traffic to my
> fallback server.
>
> Does anybody have any ideas?

Difficult whithout any other information (e.g. log file entries,
configuration files etc...)
Anyway, for heartbeat the linux-ha mailing list would be the right place
for Heartbeat related questions though some people here will have a clue.

Concerning your problem:
Do you have the virtual IP address configured through your OS? If so, it
won't work because Heartbeat is supposed to handle the virtual IP address.

Or maybe you have wrong entries in your haresources file? Or in your ha.cf
file? As you see, there are a lot of possebilities to make something wrong,
but it is hard to help you without any additional information...

Cheers,
Juri

--
Juri Haberland  <juri@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>