Re: keepalived with Debian 2.2 r3

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: keepalived with Debian 2.2 r3
From: Alexandre Cassen <Alexandre.Cassen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 18:52:00 +0100
Hi bill,

I have a production environment that I'm wanting to make sure stays up. To
accomplish this, I have been hoping to get keepalived to work with my
environment. I have to this point, unsuccessfully tried to get keepalived
working.
The make runs ok, but the keepalived.init references a
/etc/rc.d/init.d/functions directory. I have no idea what this reference is
for, but if I take it out, then keepalived won't work at all.

Has anyone successfully gotten this program to work on Debian? If so, could
you please help me out?

Yes the rpm distrib file is depending on RedHat functions lib... But you can run keepalived without the init script. Just put a call to keepalived into your rc.local or rc.sysinit file. Keepalied fork and become session leader so it will works fine on debian... Will update the init script to make it more easy to use with debian ... :)

Fill free to let me know if you still have problems,

Best regards,
Alexandre