Greetings, newbie alert!

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Greetings, newbie alert!
From: patrick edwards <pje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 01:23:03 -0500 (EST)
        So I'm new to the whole LVS thing.  I currently run a small
cluster that i plan on growing into a large one.  I got everything working
I have my director up and running Mandrake 8.1, and two real servers, on
running Mandrake 8.1 and RedHat 7.1. However, the method that i'm using
(DirectRouting) isn't the method i would have prefferred.

        I would have prefferred to use Tunneling (and in the future i will
have to).  However, when I try using method two (ipchains redirecting)
my kernel would panic.  Which, well isn't a good thing.  It panicd only
when the tunl0 was set at 0.0.0.0 . Perhaps I was missing something in the
documentation, but has anyone seen this before?  Anyone find a solution?

Anyways, here are some more stats about my servers, should it be useful:
Director:
        Mandrake 8.1 (stock) 2.4.8-26mdk
        Bridges eth0 and eth1
        (doubles as a firewall)
        ipvsadm v1.19 2001/08/27 (compiled with getopt_long and IPVS
        v0.9.3)

LVS1:
        RedHat 7.1 (stock) 2.4.2
        eth0 eth1 bonded into bond0
        (web+sql server)

LVS2:
        Mandrake 8.1 (stock) 2.4.8-26mdk
        eth0 eth1 bonded into bond0
        (web server)

Heh, like I said it is small. Soon I will be adding a third node.