RE: lvs/firewall/vpn question

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: lvs/firewall/vpn question
From: "James Northcott" <jnorthcott@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 07:49:28 -0600

> I've got an lvs working with 2.4.9 kernel and did it by
> following the kernel
> compile instruction from the lvs how-to. My setup is a lvs-nat.
>
> I'm now trying to get a vpn connection to a windows 2000
> server that sits
> behind the director. I can get only get one connection
> through the director
> via vpn. Has anyone worked with this issue before?

You may want to take a look here:
http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/VPN-Masquerade-HOWTO.html.  This article
is meant for PPTP servers behind a firewall, but it also applies to LVS
since you are using NAT.  I can tell you that I'm running a Win2000 PPTP
server behind a Linux 2.2 firewall, and I can have several simultaneous
connections from outside without a problem.