RE: lvs_nat blocking port?

To: "'lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: lvs_nat blocking port?
From: Peter Mueller <pmueller@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 10:50:33 -0800
|> Director:
|> Linux 2.4.x
|> eth0: 10.0.0.2 mask /24
|> default gw: 10.0.0.1
|> tun0: 10.0.2.1 mask /32
|> tun1: 10.0.2.2 mask /32

I thought you said you were using NAT, not TUN.  I don't understand this
setup.  Are you trying to use an ethernet alias with one network card?  One
ethernet + alias(es) at best makes things a lot more complicated than
shelling out $20 for NIC, not to mention the loss of actual security from
segregating the network..
|> DIP == VIP
|>
|> Real Server 1:
|> user-mode-linux 2.4.x
|> eth0: 10.0.1.2 linked to tun0 on director.
|> default gw: 10.0.2.1
|>
|> Real Server 2:
|> user-mode-linux 2.4.x
|> eth0: 10.0.1.3 linked to tun0 on director.
|> default gw: 10.0.2.2

why are you linking these into tun0 alias?
|> Trying to connect directly to the real servers
|> on port 80, though, translates everything correctly,
|> but generates an ICMP port unreach.  Don't have
|> tcpdump output right now, sorry.

I think with such a strange setup we will need tcpdumps + details of what's
going on with your setup.  An ascii diagram would be nice..

cheers,

Peter