RE: (no subject)

To: "'lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: (no subject)
From: Peter Mueller <pmueller@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 18:03:22 -0800
> I have a couple simple questions that should be simple for
> you gurus out
> there.  I was looking throughout the piranha docs and could
> not find the answer.  Someone must know.

LVS clusters have 3 different topologies, each with different throughput
rates.

LVS-DR clusters have a topology where they pass the first packet to the
application server, then all communication from then on proceeds directly
between the client and application server.  This topology can support
"large" amounts of bandwidth.

LVS-NAT clusters do > DS3, especially with 2.4 kernel.

LVS-TUN clusters are like LVS-DR except they support application servers
that are located in segregate networks (usually different ISPs).

What kind of throughput are you looking at?

> What is Quiesce?  What does it do and why would you do use it?
> Also, does piranha or pulse automatically sync the lvs.cf
> files between the
> primary lvs and the backup lvs or do I have to set this?  ( I
> did set up
> password-less ssh).

Pirahna is a _Redhat_ derivative/branch of LVS.  There's a seperate mailing
list for Pirahna stuff.  Most of the people on this list don't use Pirahna.
I'd ask them these types of questions, or switch to LVS and we can help you
out :)

cheers & hope that helps,

Peter