Re: Intermezzo- A solution to replicating HTTP content

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Intermezzo- A solution to replicating HTTP content
From: Derek Glidden <dglidden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 19 Jan 2002 02:49:34 -0500
On Fri, 2002-01-18 at 23:58, Dave Augustus wrote:
> I just ran across an article
> (http://www.byte.com/documents/s=2289/byt1010012679751/0107_moshe.html)
> describing InterMezzo(http://www.inter-mezzo.org/). It is like using rsync
> in both directions but it is running constantly- no crons. Also, it
> supports disconnections from the network. When a client realizes that the
> network is available after an outage, checks for and receives any updates
> automatically.
>
> I am going to be deploying an LVS soon and this looks like it could be a
> solution to keeping content in sync on an LVS.

Another popular choice is "Coda"

http://www.coda.cs.cmu.edu/

Peter Braam started the Coda project at CMU and later went on to start a
similar followup project called ... bum bum ... Intermezzo.

Intermezzo is shaping up to be much more featuriffic than Coda, but
Coda's been around much longer and has a long history of more-or-less
just working, even if it doesn't do all the new whizzbangy new stuff
that's going to get packed into Intermezzo.

With Microsoft products, failure is not           Derek Glidden
an option - it's a standard component.
Choose your life.  Choose your            http://www.tbcpc.org/
future.  Choose Linux.              http://www.illusionary.com/