Re: ldirectord isn't working with fwmarks

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: ldirectord isn't working with fwmarks
Cc: Juergen Jaeschke <jjaeschke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 17:54:26 +1100
On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 04:04:27AM +0100, Juergen Jaeschke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> sorry for asking this question here - but i don't know a better place.
>
> I'm using ipvsadm 0.8.1 / kernel 2.4.10 (SuSE 7.3 Patches +
> hidden-forward_shared.2.4.7-1 from Julian) and iptables 1.2.2,
> heartbeat 0.4.8i for my test-setup which would be nice to be a
> production one... Version of ldirectord is *unknown* it ships with
> SuSE-linux 7.3 as heartbeat-ldirectd-0.4.8i but has no version information
> in it and i'm *not* able to find an official site).

You should be able to determing the version of ldirectord by inspecting
the first few lines of the file, it is a perl script.

e.g.

head ./ldirectord
#!/usr/bin/perl
#
# Linux Director Daemon - run "perldoc ldirectord" for details
# $Id: ldirectord,v 1.40 2001/11/23 16:00:33 horms Exp $
# © 2000, Jacob Rief <jacob.rief@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
# This is GPL software. You should own a few hundred copies
# of the GPL by now. if not, get one at http://www.fsf.org

=head1 NAME

I would recomend upgrading to 1.40, which is the latest version which is
available from the heartbeat CVS tree. As it is a single file, you
can easily get your hands on it by going to:

http://cvs.linux-ha.org/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/linux-ha/ldirectord/

Failing this, take a look to see if anything useful shows up in
ldirectord.log which usually ends up in /var/log/

You can also run ldirectord in debugging mode, in which case
it stays attached to the termial and logs rather a lot of messages
to stdout.

e.g.

ldirectord -d ldirectord.cf start

I suspect that your problem relates to slight changes in the command
line arguments to ipvsadm that have been made over time.

Please let me know if pain persists.

--
Horms