client connection balancing with fwmarks

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: client connection balancing with fwmarks
From: Jeff Marckel <jmarckel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 14:18:30 -0600
Hello,

I have noticed that using ipvs with fwmarks for persistant connections
stops load balancing accross the availible realservers for that fwmark,
and all of the like marks always seem to go to the same realserver.

I had expected that connections from a different client would pick another
realserver.  In my head the keys would be client_ip, fwmark ( instead
of client_ip, port ).

Is this as designed?

My latest read of the docs makes me think so, but I wanted to confirm this.

Has anyone ever schemed to do more?

Any clues would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff