Re: Non-arp issue

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Non-arp issue
From: "Victor" <victord@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 11:12:55 -0500
> > Is there any info as to why Linux 2.4.x doesn't honor the -arp flag in
> > ifconfig?
>
> There's a whole chapter on it in the HOWTO. For a start try
>
> http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/Joseph.Mack/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO-3.html#ss3.6
>
> Joe

I read this, but I don't seem to understand why there would be an ARP
responce if VIP is on lo0:2 but no arp response if it is on a disconnected
eth1:2.

Both are noarp devices, both don't connect to a wire, and both are used with
I/O coming in/out on eth0.

Just curious, would there be a way to use Netfilter to simply stop all arp
responces for a given IP by filtering them out?