Re: what's behind the curtain?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: what's behind the curtain?
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 06:17:51 -0500
Michael Cunningham wrote:

> I have been looking over the howtos and other scripts. I am confused
> as the what is going on behind the scenes with all these different setup
> scripts.
> (Like configure). I want to be able to set everything up without the
> help of a script.

setting up an LVS is not difficult. I didn't look at all your commands,
but you seem to have the idea:- add services on the director, handle
the arp problem on the realservers, setup the gateway(s).

The problem is doing it many times for different services and different
setups. Then you need a script. The various scripts also check the
network etc and setup health checking and failover.

I doubt if you're missing anything