FreeS/WAN Cluster - any experiences?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: FreeS/WAN Cluster - any experiences?
From: Henrik Rossner <lvs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 13:46:51 +0100
Hello,

we plan to substitute a commercial product with FreeS/WAN (www.freeswan.org) under Linux . As we expect high traffic rates (100MBit wirespeed, in the future even 5 times more) we thought about building a cluster. Using LVS seems to be a good choice.
As the commercial product is very expensive, we can afford a number of
quite nice Servers (we think about Dell Power Edge 1550, 1Gig Ram).

Are there any experiences (good or bad ones) with
- clustering IPSec for load-sharing
- LVS in combination with FreeS/WAN

Any comments are welcome.

Henrik.

PS: I tried to post a similar message to the freeswan mailing list first, but their server seems to be out of order.