Re: Keepalived Active/Passive not working

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Keepalived Active/Passive not working
From: Victor <victord@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 11:00:39 -0500
> At 14:10 24/03/2002 -0500, you wrote:
> >I believe what could be happening is that the cisco switch has an arp
cache
> >that doesn't see the change in Director from Master to Backup. How does
one
> >deal with this? Do I turn off the arp cache on your switches completely?
Is
> >there a command or a broadcast that can be sent to refresh the arp
tables?

> Appling last posted patch will solve the issue. If not can you please keep
> me informed ?

Sorry for the belated reply. I only did one test and it seems that the fix
did help. I am going to do a couple more and see how it works and will post
again. As far as right now, I shutdown the main lvs, and the my site was up,
so the backup must've been working. The ipvsadm -lcn did show the new
connections.