RE: Re : RE: [Keepalived] Release 0.5.6 available

To: "'lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Re : RE: [Keepalived] Release 0.5.6 available
From: Matthijs van der Klip <matthijs.van.der.klip@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 14:44:54 +0200

> > What am I doing wrong? This release of keepalived is
> > supposed to work with version 0.8.1 of ipvs, isn't it?
>
> Oops, Yes the problem is because IPVS in version 0.8.x
> doesn't support LVS sync daemon. I hightly recommand you
> to upgrade to the last 1.0.2 to have this functionality
> (or 0.9.x which is the starting point release to support
> this functionnality).

The problem is I use heavily patched kernels (latest RedHat
7.1 kernel with SGI XFS patches) because I need/want IPVS,
Tux and XFS at the same time. I once tried patching a RH
kernel with a newer version of IPVS, but came to the
conclusion I can best leave that to other people. Now I'm
waiting for RH to upgrade to a newer version of IPVS.

> Anyway, I will patch the autoconf/automake script to test
> both : ip_vs.h & IPVS syncd support.

Will that make this version of keepalived work with IPVS
0.8.x? Or does that mean you stop supporting older versions
of IPVS?

By the way: from what RPM is ip_vs.h supposed to come?
Copying it from the kernel sources like I do now is not
the best solution. Am I missing some RPM?

Best regards,

Matthijs van der Klip
Dutch Public Broadcasting Organisation