Re: transparent bridging ?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: transparent bridging ?
From: "John P. Looney" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 10:50:49 +0000
On Thu, Apr 18, 2002 at 06:34:06AM -0400, mack@xxxxxxxxxxxx mentioned:
> The subject comes up now and again and then drops off everyone's radar
> screen. I'd be interested if someone found a use for it.

 The only *real* use I can see for it - that isn't just a "hack value" one
- is that people don't have to change IPs on boxes being moved behind a
NAT director. Not a big job, until you have people with racks of 1U
servers looking to put it behind the director, and getting annoyed at
having to renumber them all...and again, if the redirector comes out if
there is a problem.

Kate

--
John Looney             Chief Scientist