Re: howto increase MTU size?

To: "lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: howto increase MTU size?
From: "mack@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <mack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 17:50:21 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 25 Apr 2002, Jason Englander wrote:

> Check the source for your NIC driver (/usr/src/linux/drivers/net).  You
> may also want to check the VLAN mailing list
> (http://www.WANfear.com/pipermail/vlan/), that topic comes up _A_LOT_
> there.  ...because vlan interfaces require an MTU of 1504.

thanks

as to Michael Brown's posting...
SHould I expect a standard 100Mbps switch (eg Netgear) to drop
large MTU packets?

I was going to try it locally at first, and then between two boxes
connected by a cross-over cable, to at least see if it was practical.

After that I was going to deal with the switch problem.

Joseph Mack, mack@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Linux Virtual Server project
http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org