Re: DNAT, LVS and MTU

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: DNAT, LVS and MTU
From: "mack@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <mack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 12:07:57 -0400 (EDT)
On 31 May 2002, Chris Beauchamp wrote:

> The strange thing is, that it works fine going directly to the VIP
> (just Masquerading outwards), and, perhaps more interestingly, if
> there is a DNAT rule direct to Squid, it works also! Which implies
> that its an interaction between LVS and DNAT.

Other people on the list will know more about this than I do,
but if you have the DNAT running on the director, you have to
remember that LVS has an uneasy relationship with netfilter.
It would have been nice to write LVS as a netfilter module,
but it just couldn't be done. The result is that LVS is
incompatible with some netfilter commands.

Joseph Mack, mack@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Linux Virtual Server project
http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org