Re: About: LVS synchronization feature

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: About: LVS synchronization feature
From: stefano.mason@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 11:48:38 +0200

On Mon, 3 Jun 2002 Wensong Zhang wrote:

>Current IPVS connection synchronization is simple, it doesn't synchronize
>every state change of a connection (such as keep changing its timeout
>after receiving new packets), because it would be too much synchronization
>message if we would do this. So, it simply sychronizes ESTABLISHED
>connections to the backup load balancer. The backup load balancer receives
>the messages and create the connection with the IP_VS_SYNC_CONN_TIMEOUT
>(3*60*HZ). If the master keep receiving the packets from a sychronized
>connection, the master will synchronize the connection again every other
>50 incoming packets, so the backup can keep the connection in the system.
>The current synchronization scheme is mostly for web services.

>The result that you gave is right with the current scheme. Maybe you can
>adapt the parameters in the source code directly for your application.

OK

Besides the IP_VS_SYNC_CONN_TIMEOUT is possible to tunning other
parameters, because the "saprouter" application, during a session, receive
few packet and respond with multitude of it. Since I understood every 50
incoming packets per connection there will be a new sync, isn't impossible
to "saprouter" application to reach this threshold.

[root@lvs1 ipvs]# ipvsadm -l --stats
Prot LocalAddress:Port               Conns   InPkts  OutPkts  InBytes
OutBytes
  -> RemoteAddress:Port
TCP  saprouter.unix.debis.it:3299       11     1174        0   175223
0
  -> cleo.unix.debis.it:3299             6      570        0    81117
0
  -> nefe.unix.debis.it:3299             5      604        0    94106
0

Or is possible to change the behaviour of LVS-SYNC like:
- sync all ESTABLISHED connection every a specific timeout.

Best regards.
Stefano