Re: LVS-NAT + 2.4 iptables firewalling

To: Ben <bench@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: LVS-NAT + 2.4 iptables firewalling
Cc: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 17:28:46 -0400
Ben wrote:

> Perhaps it would help if somebody could show me where LVS hooks into these
> iptables flow paths:

> (http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-virtual-server&m=98296653726641&w=2),

ah, that's a good one. I'll put it in the HOWTO.

> but that doesn't really help me much and I don't know how up to date it is.

netfilter won't be changing in 2.4.x. This is still upto date.

> from the little I understood it
> seemed to imply that LVS didn't play too well with iptables.

Yes, but you can work around/with it. I don't exactly know where LVS
hooks the packets either. Some people here do, but I don't.

Here's a posting from when I was doing the same thing

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-virtual-server&m=99546222705316&w=2