Re: virtualserver.alert problem

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: virtualserver.alert problem
From: "Carlos Ordonez" <carloso@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 08:14:58 -0400
I had to do a "chown root.root mon" so that mon will run as root to issue
ipvsadm commands. Carlos :-)

Carlos A. Ordonez
IBM Corporation
Server Consolidation

|---------+-------------------------------------->
|         |           "Daniel O'Neill"           |
|         |           <djo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|
|         |           >                          |
|         |           Sent by:                   |
|         |           lvs-users-admin@LinuxVirtua|
|         |           lServer.org                |
|         |                                      |
|         |                                      |
|         |           06/26/2002 10:48 PM        |
|         |           Please respond to lvs-users|
|         |                                      |
|---------+-------------------------------------->

  |        To:      lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                  |
  |        cc:

  |               Subject:      Re: virtualserver.alert problem

One problem I've found is that mon is running as daemon and apparently
doesn't have the permissions to issue ipvsadm commands

On Wed, Jun 26, 2002 at 02:14:25PM -0700, Daniel O'Neill wrote:
> I have a working mon configuration up to the point of working mail alert
for fping and telnet monitor.  Now I am trying to get virtualserver.alert
to send commands to LVS and something is wrong.  I've set up a one-node
telnet realserver at 192.168.1.243 which is working correctly.  My VIP is
192.168.1.110.

> I then issue the commands:
>
> ipvsadm -C
> ipvsadm -A -t 192.168.1.110:23 -s rr
>
> and then run /var/lib/mon/alert.d/virtualserver.alert  -u -a -t
192.168.1.110:23 -r 192.168.1.243 -g -w 1