Re: "fo"s test environment

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: "fo"s test environment
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 09:05:38 -0400
mixo wrote:

> I am currently trying to setup (test) "fos" using "piranha" and
> have run into a "problem" : all the machines are behind a
> firewall. In fact,  to access port 80 on any machine from within
> our network you have to go through a proxy even if you are on
> our network . What is supposed to eventually happen
> (after testing is complete) is, the 2 machines that  I am testing "fos"
> on will be made available to the public.
>
> So how can I setup the machines so that they can check that a services
> is running on port 80 so as to stop false "network failures"?

It's not clear to me the connection between a "network failure" and checking
services on port 80 on one hand and the situation in the first paragraph.

Do you know about

http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/Joseph.Mack/mini-HOWTO/LVS-mini-HOWTO-2.html#ss2.5

If this isn't the problem, then next time, can you restate your problem more
clearly

Thanks Joe