Re: Ultra Monkey 2.0.0

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Ultra Monkey 2.0.0
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 23:22:16 +0900
On Fri, Aug 09, 2002 at 08:54:05AM -0500, Ryan Pries wrote:
> I was just curious as to what some of the big changes were from version
> 1.0.2 to version 2.0.0. Currently we have ver. 1.0.2 set-up with 2
> directors, 2 real servers(squid boxes) in our testing environment.

The real diference is that eveyrhing has been updated: LVS has been
upgraded to work with the 2.4 kernel which may or may not be useful to
you. Heartbeat has also been updated and IMHO handles failover and the
split-brain situation more robustlly now, but if you have redundant
communication paths that shouldn't make much difference. Lastly there
are, as always many updates to ldirectord - it supports more protocols,
has some bug fixes and handles some obsucure setups better.

My reccomendation would be that if you hare happy with your current
setup then leave it be. If you are deploying new systems then 2.0.0 is
much more up to date and will probably save you work that you would have
to do yourself if you use 1.0.2.

--
Horms