Two LVS Masters with daemons?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Two LVS Masters with daemons?
From: Bradley McLean <bradlist@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 14:19:03 -0400
We're moving up from supporting one web site to two on our LVS load
balancers.

In our current configuration, we run one system online, and one as
a standby backup.  The master system runs a sync daemon to keep the
backup updated with the status of the active connections.

We'd like to be able to set things up so that each LVS acts as
a master for one of the web sites, and as a backup for the other.

All of this is working correctly in our test case, except that
because the sync daemon seems to be global for the host (not
for various address instances), and the sync daemon runs only
in master or backup mode, you can't have the hosts keeping
track of each other's connections.

Would in be possible to run both a master and a backup sync
daemon instance at the same time?  I realize there are likely
some issues to be worked out, but any obvious conceptual reasons
why it just can't work, or makes no sense?

Regards,

-Brad