Re: Routing problems on realservers...

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Routing problems on realservers...
From: Matt.Gregory@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 12:08:16 -0400
I was reading over this post and realized I am not being clear:

The ports which are being handled by the director for the VIP (10.80.1.20)
are http (80) and (8080) as well as ssh (22).  I can reach the VIP from
anywhere on any of the ipvs handled ports (translation, everything on the
load-balanced side is fine).  When I try to connect directly to my
realservers through my firewall (10.80.1.21 or 10.80.1.22) I can't get
there.  Also, when I connect to another server on the other side of my
firewall and then connect to my realservers, I can't get out through the
gateway (ping www.yahoo.com doesn't work).

Hope that clears things up.

Matt Gregory
Web Developer
CTI, Inc.
cell: 678-458-6513
ioem: matt.gregory@xxxxxxxxx *see key block below
ooem: matthew.gregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx

I was forced to reinstall RH from my frist attempt, and moved to RH 7.3. I

managed to get the director up and running the way I expected with the
one-network-one-NIC setup.  I added the line `export DEFAULT_GW=<mygwip>`
into the rc.lvs_dr script in order to add the default gateway back to the
director as suggested.

When I run the rc.lvs_dr script on my realservers the output looks just
fine, but I am unable to reach them through my firewall and the default
gateway is missing from the route.  They are working as expected in rr
balanced mode.  Is there something about the setup of ipvs that blocks
normal (non-managed) routes?