Re: Two-director system with web services on directors...

To: "lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Two-director system with web services on directors...
From: "Matthew S. Crocker" <matthew@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 08:35:12 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 20 Aug 2002, Guy Waugh wrote:

This really isn't the job of LVS. It is the job of keepalived with VRRP.

Setup both machines, give them normal IP addresses and setup keepalived on
each machine.  keepalived will maintain the 'floating IP' aka VIP.  Setup
and run the apache server correctly.  You can leave the webserver running
on both machines all the time.  The VIP will only be on one machine at a
time so it will be the only want getting hit.

check out http://keepalived.sourceforge.net/

-Matt