Re: Cannot connect to VIP from real servers

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Cannot connect to VIP from real servers
From: nick garratt <nick-lvs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 09:56:50 +0200
are you talking about an internal virtual service (wap gateways accessing the local web servers through the director) ? if so, you are bound to have problems with NAT; use DR instead for these services.

the short answer is "yes."

nick

hi all :

This is my first post to LVS users group.

I have a LVS NAT running and working one director and 4 nodes (2 web and
2 wap gw).

But i am having problem to connect to the VIP . It said "Connection
refused". But outside its worked fine.

The reason i want to do that is because we have a wap apps hosted on the
two web servers.

So incoming request to wap gateway will somehow need to direct the
request to the web apps. So i define the URL of the request to be the
VIP so it will go back to the director and load balanced it but somehow
it did not worked (connection refused).

I know by setting another director will solved the problem but is it
possible to do it with single director.

Thank you very much in advance.

Cheers