RE: Clients sent to failed LVS-DR real server not in IPVS table.

To: pmueller@xxxxxxxxxxxx, lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Clients sent to failed LVS-DR real server not in IPVS table.
From: "Lorn Kay" <lorn_kay@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 22:25:55 +0000
> Why would the Director send clients to a real server not in
> the table even
> after several hours of inactivity from the client?

do you have an arp problem?  please post some tcpdumps from the client,
director, and realserver perspective.

Thanks for your reply. I think I've "fixed" this problem by installing the latest ldirectord.

The latest version sets the weight of the cluster node to 0 rather than remove it from the IPVS table and this works (new requests do not get sent to the cluster node that has been removed).

--L