Re: RedHat 7.3 and lvs for kernel 2.4

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: RedHat 7.3 and lvs for kernel 2.4
From: Bobby Johns <bobbyj@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 16:58:02 -0500
At 04:50 PM 9/23/2002, you wrote:
I've just set up a RH 7.3 box, am updating it with up2date, so it will have kernel 2.4.18-10. I see three things to download, the IPVS Netfilter module for kernel 2.4 (version 1.0.2), the kernel patch (linux-2.4.18-ipvs-1.0.2), and ipvsadm (1.21-1.src.rpm). Is this correct, and would anyone else using this setup care to comment? Thank you in advance.

I'm using the standard 7.3 load with kernel 2.4.18-10. I have not downloaded the newest versions of ipvs or ipvsadm. I used the ones that came with the kernel upgrade and it works well. You do have to run make/make install in the ipvsadm src directory in the kernel src. I'm curious to find out about your results in inserting the ipvs & ipvsadm src in the Red Hat distribution.

Are there features or bug fixes you feel you need from newest ipvs & ipvsadm versions? What features or fixes are these?

Thanks,

Bobby

--
Bobby Johns