Re: Re-routing packets back through the tunnel

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, laurie.baker@xxxxxx
Subject: Re: Re-routing packets back through the tunnel
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 11:11:03 -0400
laurie.baker@xxxxxx wrote:

> Anyway, to resolve the issue the developers configured
> the webservers to have a default route of the loadbalancer, therefore
> squirting the return traffic back through the tunnel !
>
> Well! I have not seen this style of configuration for LVS / TUN

http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/Joseph.Mack/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO-13.html#ss13.4

look at Julian's martian patches. These are for LVS-DR, but
I expect it will work if you can send packets back through
the tunnel. The patch just allows packets with src_addr
to be routed through the director.

you'll need to talk to Julian if you need to fix problems
running it on LVS-Tun

Joseph Mack PhD, Senior Systems Engineer, SAIC contractor
to the National Environmental Supercomputer Center,