Re: Manipulation tracking infomation of ipvsadm

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Manipulation tracking infomation of ipvsadm
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 10:53:07 +0900
On Fri, Oct 18, 2002 at 06:00:41PM -0700, Takeo Shibata wrote:
> Hi I am using loadbalancing by
> ipvsadm command.
>
> I can see the detail information which source Ip connect whch realserver
> by
> ipvsadm -l -c
> But are ther any way to get this infomation as text file and
> keep getting this info.

The output of "ipvsadm -l -c" is really just a pretty-printed version
of /proc/net/ip_vs_conn. As this kernel information is only
available via a proc file you must poll for it.

To save the information to a file, one of the following
two command should work

ipvsadm -l -c > filename

cat /proc/net/ip_vs_con > filename

> Also I am thinking of challanging to modify
> source to store these information into
> DB.

I would suggest that the best way to do this would be to write a small
script that peridocally reads from /proc/net/ip_vs_con, or the output of
"ipvsadm -l -c" and stores this information in whatever database you
care for.

--
Horms