Re: Director Redundacy options? VRRP, heartbeat, ldirectord?

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Director Redundacy options? VRRP, heartbeat, ldirectord?
From: "Alex Kramarov" <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 02:29:10 +0200
actually, i have used heartbeat for cluster control, and it proved
problematic. it is being actively developed, but also has alot of problems
sipping into every release. It's not mature. after 3 weeks i was back to
heartbeat.

and also, i do active-active with heartbeat - it's just a matter of
splitting your services to 2 VIP's, and setting one VIP as primary on member
1, and the second on member 2. I do currently use keepalived instead of
ldirectord though - seems stable for that perpose .