Re: Is This Possible?

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Is This Possible?
From: "Jacob Coby" <jcoby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 12:03:05 -0500
> > What happens if the Director(s) blows up and you, the only person who
can
> > bring a website that thousands depend on to do their work back up, is
> > 10hrs
> > away from the office?  That's my situation, and I need to be able to
> > access
> > the individual machines from their public IP address via ssh no matter
> > where
> > I am, or if an individual machine or machines is down.  Well, except the
> > router, if that's down, oh well ;)
>
> I'm in another city too. Serial console server's are my friends. :)

I'm usually here at work, but when stuff goes bad, it's usually while I'm
away on vacation for some reason :-(  I'm doing a track day Saturday
(http://www.carolinamotorsportspark.com) on the motorcycle, so who knows, I
may be hospitilized and then unable to work for a week or two.  So I need
direct access to the servers.  No serial console servers here, only ssh..

-Jacob