Re: can it be done?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: can it be done?
From: Malcolm Turnbull <Malcolm.Turnbull@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 16:15:43 +0000
Ray,

I might be missing something but why don't you just use LVS - DR ?

i.e.

Firewall

Switch

  |_______________________
 |        |       |      |
 |        |       |      |
LVS-DR    RS1     RS2    etc...

Ray wrote:
can it be done? and better yet, should it be done?

just thought i should ask before i get too far into attempting to set it up.
we have a few w2k webservers all at the same physical location, and i was asked what it would take to cluster them and have them all serve up the same set of webpages. while googling for answers i wasn't able to find much of anything for windows, but a lot for linux.

since W2k doesn't to tunneling (as per something in the howto) and since NAT can bottleneck the system, is it possible to setup an lvs-tun to an lvs-nat? (or even lvs-dr to an lvs-nat)

 ________       ________
|        |     |        |
|lvs-tun |- - -|lvs-tun*|
|________|     |________|

     +----------+
     |          |
     |          |
 ____+___   ____+___
|        | |        |
|lvs-nat1| |lvs-nat2|

and possibly on the same physical box? (without virtual pc software, or linux in linux)

|lvs-tun | |lvs-tun*|
|lvs-nat1|-|lvs-nat2|

*secondary director

(and then from the lvs-nat to a set of w2k webservers)